Betty demonstrates how to make Vanilla-Cream Cheese Frosting. This glaze-type frosting is perfect for Rectangular Red Velvet Cake for Valentine's Day, the previous video in Betty's Kitchen.
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce , softened|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , melted|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Confectioner's sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Into the beaten cream cheese pour the butter milk mixture and beat until smooth.
4. Add sugar, little at a time and beat after each addition until frosting is smooth.
5. Pour frosting over warm red velvet cake. Cover frosted cake with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Cut into pieces, serve and enjoy!
You can decorate the cake with candy, if desired.