These baby-frittatas are not only petite and cute, just like a baby's tushy, but they're also delicious. There were several adults over when
I made them and we left Kenya with only 2. Good thing they were so
fast and easy to make, so I could easily whip together another batch. Even better is that every baby-frittata has a protein from the egg, two vegetables and a dairy.
Asparagus is a nutrient-dense vegetable high in folic acid and also a good source of fiber. Besides their beautiful bright green color, in my experience, wee ones love them. With the addition of parmesan to add a salty flavor and sun dried tomatoes to add a little tang, these baby-frittatas will be a hit with everyone in the family. You could even serve them at a party for hors d'oeuvres.
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon , grated|
|Asparagus spears||60 Gram , diced (about 1/4 cup)|
|Sun dried tomato pesto||3 Small , diced (use the ones packed in oil)|
1. Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
2. Spray or grease mini muffin tins with oil or butter.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the cheese, tomatoes and
4. Add a heaping tablespoon of egg-vegetable mixture to each muffin cup.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
6. Cool and serve with a dipping sauce or ketchup if you like.