|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk and water||1 Cup (16 tbs) , mixed|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Small cauliflower florets||1/4 Pound|
1. Make a thick batter first. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Make a dip in the center, and pour in the oil.
3. Add a little of the milk mixture. Blend in flour slowly with a spoon, adding the rest of the liquid in spoonfuls.
4. Beat well to blend.
5. Chill while preparing florets.
6. Set a pan of oil to heat to 350°F.
7. Part boil the florets for 4 minutes.
8. Drain well.
9. Dry in a cloth.
10. Beat batter once more, thinning with a little water if very stiff.
11. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
12. Dip florets in batter one at a time; drop into hot oil.
13. Fry, turning with a slotted spoon, until golden-brown.
14. Drain on paper towelling. Serve with fish or alone, with Hollandaise Sauce or sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1732Calories from Fat 697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.5%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2242 mg93.42%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.7%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 45 g90%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet