|Fritter batter||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Lemon wedges||6 (For Garnish)|
1. Take a large pan and add the tripes into it. Add lots of water to cover the tripes and add the bouquet garni too.
2. Cover the pan with a lid and boil the tripe slowly.
3. Remove the skin of the onions and carrots and peel them thinly. Wash the celery and leeks and slice them thinly.
4. Fold in the peppercorns, vegetables and 1 tbsp of the salt. Lower the heat and cook until the tripe turns soft.
5. Prepare the fritter batter. Set it aside for an hour and add the egg white only before coating the fritters.
6. Add the cooked tripe into the colander and drain it properly. Use the stock as base for any soup or casserole of any other dish.
7. Allow the trip to cool slightly and strip them into 1 inch by 1 ½ inches.
8. Add the beaten egg whites to the fritter batter such that it coats the tripe strips thoroughly.
9. Take a deep fryer and heat the oil in it and cook the fritters until crispy and brown.
10. When the fritters are ready remove them to the baking sheet using the slotted spoon and cover it with a few layers of the crumpled paper towels.
11. Warm the fritters at 200°F during the time when you deep fry the next batch of the tripe.
12. Serve the fritters after garnishing with a lemon wedge. You can also serve it with the tossed green salad or onions and tomato in a French dressing.