This Carrot Cake Truffles recipe, adapted from the Momofuku Milk Bar, video is a part of an Easter dessert recipes playlist in collaboration with other great channels.
|For carrot cake|
|Softened unsalted butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated white sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Large , whisk|
|Grapeseed oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Grated carrots||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|For liquid cheesecake|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the milk crumbs|
|Milk powder||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , divided|
|Flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon|
|White chocolate||6 Ounce , melted|
|For assembling the truffles|
|White chocolate||9 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
For Carrot Cake:
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add egg, oil and beat until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as and when needed.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix until the flour disappears.
5. Fold in the grated carrots.
6. Into a 9x13 baking dish, transfer the mixture and spread evenly.
7. Pop the baking dish in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool.
For Liquid Cheesecake:
8. Turn the oven down to 300 degrees F.
9. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and mix until well incorporated.
10. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, salt, milk, and egg. Whisk until the mixture is smooth.
11. Transfer the cornstarch egg mixture into the cream cheese and beat for 3 minutes.
12. Into an ovenproof bowl, place the liquid cheesecake mixture. Place the bowl into another ovenproof pan and fill with enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the bowl with cheesecake mixture. Bake the cheesecake in this water bath for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well and bake for another 10 minutes.
13. Remove the cheesecake bowl from the water and let it cool.
For Milk Crumbs:
14. Set the oven to 250 degrees F, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
15. In a bowl, combine 1 cup milk powder with the flour, cornstarch, sugar, and salt.
16. Add the melted butter and use a spatula to toss the mixture until small clusters form.
17. Spread these clusters onto your parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until it browns slightly.
18. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of milk powder and mix well.
19. Pour melted white chocolate and toss until large crumbs form again. Place the crumbs in the fridge or freezer to let the white chocolate harden.
20. Fluff carrot cake with fork and add ½ cup of liquid cheesecake in it. Mix well.
21. Roll the carrot cake mixture into small balls and then dip each into the melted white chocolate. Coat the balls with milk crumb mixture. Refrigerate the cake balls until the chocolate has hardened.
22. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 420Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 322 mg13.42%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 33 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8400Calories from Fat 4460
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 500 g770%
Saturated Fat 260 g1300%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 6440 mg268.4%
Total Carbohydrates 900 g300%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 660 g
Protein 100 g200%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet