Chocolate Banana Mousse, irresistible mousse for people of all age groups! Chocolate and bananas are always a great combinationbe it for milkshakes, ice-creams, pastries or mousses! The bitterness of dark chocolate and the mild sweetness of bananas complement each other very well in this irresistible mousse. What is more, this fabulous dessert can be fixed up in no time at all!
|For chocolate sauce|
|Dark chocolate||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) , roughly chopped|
|Fresh cream||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mashed banana||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) , beaten|
|Powdered sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated chocolate||4 Tablespoon|
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SAUCE
1. In a broad non stick pan, heat the milk and cream, and bring to a boil, making sure to stir continuously. Add chocolate and mix it in a gentle manner till the chocolate melts. Allow to cool at room temperature and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the chocolate sauce and bananas, and mix them in a gentle way. Keep aside.
3. In another bowl, combine whipped cream, vanilla essence, and powdered sugar and mix gently.
4. Add the chocolate-banana mixture to the whipped cream mix, and fold in a gentle way.
5. Now pour equal proportion of the mixture into four individual glasses or bowls and refrigerate for around 2 to 3 hours or until the mousse is properly set.
6. Serve the mousse chilled after garnishing it with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
In case you want to prepare the chocolate sauce in microwave, combine together all ingredients in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for a minute. Remove and mix well until there are no lumps.