Chocolate Eclairs: A French recipe made with French Herve Cuisine!
|For choux dough|
|For the chocolate pastry cream|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Amaretto liqueur||1 Tablespoon|
|Heavy whipping cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the chocolate glaze|
|Bittersweet chocolate||4 Ounce , melt|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. For choux dough, place a saucepan on medium high heat and add butter and water in it. Bring it to a boil.
4. Drop flour, all at once and remove the pan from heat. Stir well.
5. Return the pan to heat, keep stirring and cook until the dough pulls away from the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
6. Into a large mixing bowl, transfer the dough.
7. Throw egg, one at a time and beat on medium low speed after each addition until the dough is creamy and soft.
8. Take a piping bag with a plain tip and put dough in it. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet pipe out long eclair shaped dough as shown in the video.
9. Place the baking sheet in oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
10. Remove the baking sheet from oven and immediately poke holes into the sides of eclairs for steam to escape.
11. To make chocolate pastry cream filling, place a saucepan on medium high heat and scald milk in it.
12. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl add egg yolk, cornstarch, and sugar. Whisk well.
13. Pour half of the scalded milk into the bowl with egg, whisking constantly. Pour the remaining milk and mix well. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
14. Place the saucepan back on medium flame and whisk the mixture constantly for a couple of minutes, or until it thickens and gets a pudding like texture.
15. Remove the pan from heat and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
16. Meanwhile, in double boiler, melt chocolate chips.
17. Drop vanilla, amaretto and melted chocolate into the saucepan. Mix until smooth. Pop the pan in refrigerator or place it in ice bath to chill.
18. In a bowl whip cream until soft peaks form. Now, drop of the whipped cream into the pastry cream and mix well.
19. Throw the next of the whipped cream and fold it in. Repeat until all the whipped cream is folded in the chocolate pastry cream.
20. Cut eclairs into half.
21. Fill a piping bag with pastry cream and pipe it on the bottom side of eclairs as shown in the video.
22. Dip the top part in melted chocolate and cover the eclair.
23. Serve chocolate eclairs immediately and enjoy.
Calories 479Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.1%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 132 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4790Calories from Fat 2480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 280 g431%
Saturated Fat 140 g700%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1320 mg55%
Total Carbohydrates 510 g170%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 280 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet