This time in the Food Lab, Minh Dang and guest Mike Fenton whip up a rather unique dish. While Mike makes some tasty hand-cut frites, Minh is concocting Shrimp and Sausage Gateaux, all of which you will make from scratch.
|For shrimp guacamole|
|Olive oil||1/4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) , finely chopped|
|Shrimp||1 Pound , devein and cooked|
|Rosemary||1 Pinch , chopped|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste , freshly grounded|
|Avocado||2 , pitted and diced|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Basil||10 Gram , chiffonade|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , smashed|
|For sour cream base|
|Sour cream||10 Ounce|
|Feta||3 Ounce , crumbled|
|Parmesan reggiano||2 Ounce|
|Kosher salt||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon , grounded|
|Fresh thyme||1 Pinch|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Pinch|
|Roasted garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Garlic oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For saut d pepper|
|Peppers||1/4 Pound (equal amount of jalapeno, bell pepper and sweet pepper)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|For fried potatoes|
|Potatoes||200 Gram , washed and sliced|
|Corn starch||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For frying)|
|Mayo||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole grain mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon , chopped|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon , chopped|
For shrimp guacamole
1. In a saucepan add in the oil and garlic. Sauté on medium heat for few minutes.
2. Add in the shrimp and cook for few minutes.
3. Season with rosemary, thyme, kosher salt and black pepper. Stir well all the ingredients, turn off the stove and set aside.
4. Coarsely chop the shrimps. In a large bowl take avocado, shrimp and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add in the basil, sour cream and roasted garlic to the shrimp mixture. Mix well with large spoon.
6. Adjust the seasoning with salt as desired. Add in the honey and mix again.
7. Recipe follows.
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
2. In a pan heat the oil and add in sausages. Sauté for few minutes.
3. Bake the sausages in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
4. Take out the sausages and slice.
5. Recipe follows.
For sour cream base
1. In a large bowl take all the ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
2. Recipe follows.
For sautéd pepper
1. In a sauté pan heat the olive oil and add in the peppers. Sauté for few minutes.
2. Season with salt and sauté on high flame for few minutes.
3. Recipe follows.
1. In a large bowl add in all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Recipe follows.
For fried potatoes
1. In a large pot boil the water and blanch potatoes for 5 minutes. Take out the potatoes and place in ice-cold water. Strain and set aside.
2. Coat the potatoes with corn-starch. Strain the extra corn starch from the potatoes.
3. Heat oil in a Dutch oven and add in the potatoes. Fry until golden brown.
4. Take out the potatoes over a paper towel and transfer to a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place a cutter over the plate and add in the sausages, top with sautéd peppers, cream base, and shrimp guacamole. Take out the cutter, spread the Rémoulade over the plate and serve with fried potatoes.