|Dried Kidney Beans||1 pound|
|Smoked Ham Hocks||1 pound|
|Chili Powder||2 teaspoons|
|Worcestershire Sauce||2 teaspoons|
|Dry Burgundy||1 cup|
|Tomato Sauce||1 8|
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for 2 to 3 hours.
4) Strain the beans, reserving the liquid.
5) Return the beans to the slow cooker, along with ham hocks, salt, sugar, chilli powder, Worcestershire sauce, burgundy, tomato sauce and onion.
6) Pour in enough of reserved liquid to slightly cover the beans.
7) Put the lid on and simmer for 10 to 12 hours.
8) Take the ham out from the beans mixture.
9) Chop the ham and put it back in the beans mixture.
10) Heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
11) Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley if desired.