|Butter or Margarine||3 tablespoons|
|Onion||1/4 cup, chopped|
|Green Pepper||1/4 cup, chopped|
|Celery||1/4 cup, chopped|
|Milk or Cream||1 cup (or more)|
|Sharp Cheddar Cheese||1/2 cup (grated)|
|Parsley||1 tablespoon, snipped|
1) In a pot, cook turnips in salted boiling water, until tender.
2) Remove from heat and drain the turnips.
3) In a pan, melt butter and sautÃ© onions, peppers and celery until golden.
4) Slowly stir in the flour, Stirring constantly until well mixed.
5) Stream in milk or cream, as needed to desired consistency.
6) Stir cheese and seasoning.
7) Simmer until cheese melts into the sauce.
8) In a baking dish or casserole, place the turnips with cheese sauce.
9) Sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs if desired.
10) Place the baking dish under broiler for 5 to 10 minutes until golden browned on top.
11) Dredge with paprika and parsley, serve hot.