Bechamel sauce is used in many dishes, you can make cheese sauce, gravy, an soups with using a basic bechamel sauce.
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a pan, heat butter on medium high heat and melt the butter.
2. After the butter melts add in the flour and stir continuously to make a think paste, allow to bubble for a minute.
3. Add in about ¼ cup of milk, reduce the heat to medium low and whisk continuously until the sauce is thick.
4. Pour in the ½ of remaining milk and keep stirring to mix well allow to thicken.
5. Add in the remaining milk and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
6. Turn of the heat and remove the pan off the burner.
7. Serve or use as desired.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 298Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 92 mg3.83%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 11 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet