|Pitted black olives||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Oil packed sun dried tomato halves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , chopped|
|Fresh thyme/1/4 tsp dried||1 Teaspoon , chopped|
|Black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. Drain the olives discarding the liquid.
2. Chop them coarsely in a food processor.
3. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until coarsely blended.
4. Empty out into a serving dish
5. Cover and leave aside for at least 30 minutes before serving so that the flavors are absorbed.
6. Drizzle generously with olive oil.
7. Serve the tapenade with crackers, crusty bread or crudités as an appetizer
8. It can also be used as a condiment to the main course.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 947Calories from Fat 694
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1651 mg68.79%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet