|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon (grainy)|
|Red wine vinegar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1) Smash a clove of garlic and chop finely.
2) In a bowl, combine the chopped garlic, grainy dijon mustard and red wine vinegar together.
3) Whisk in the olive oil in a steady stream until nicely blended.
4) Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
5) Use the French vinaigrette for salads or as desired.
For a slight variation in flavor, add sugar or honey for sweetness or add some chopped shallots or fresh herbs of your choice.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2907Calories from Fat 2870
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 325 g500%
Saturated Fat 44 g220%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1955 mg81.46%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet