|Almond paste||1 Pound|
|Light corn syrup||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Liquid||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) (From Marshmallows)|
|10x confectioners sugar||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Liquid food coloring||3 Drop|
|Spices||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
1) In a bowl place together almond paste, corn syrup and the marshmallow.
2) Using hands knead almond paste to mix thoroughly.
3) Place on a cutting board or other smooth, flat surface.
4) Mix in sugar, 1 cup at a time, kneading into mixture completely each time.
5) Divide marzipan into as many colors as you choose.
6) Knead in the coloring into marzipan until blend completely.
7) Shape in fruits, vegetables or decorations for tie tops of chocolates
8) Use to garnish cakes, desserts or beverage.
Sprinkle the working surface with cornstarch if candy sticks when making delicate pieces.
To obtain a brilliant shine on finished pieces, paint them with light corn syrup
Use cloves and other spices, as well as bits of contrasting pieces of marzipan for details.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5296Calories from Fat 1059
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 122 mg5.08%
Total Carbohydrates 1029 g343%
Dietary Fiber 23 g92%
Sugars 890 g
Protein 41 g82%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet