|For the tuna salad:|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 Large|
|Solid pack tuna||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/4 Teaspoon|
|For the salad:|
|Shredded cabbage||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pepper relish||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coleslaw dressing||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the dessert:|
|Frozen strawberries||10 Ounce (1 Package, Quick Thaw)|
|Port||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cookies||250 Gram (Curled Or Rolled Party Variety)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Waffled potato chips||250 Gram (1 Package)|
|Lettuce leaves||1 , washed and crisped|
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) Slice a 1/2-inch thick piece from the stem end of the tomatoes. Scoop out the centre pulp, leaving just a tomato shell. Overturn the tomatoes and let drain. Refrigerate.
3) Slice up the centre pulp of one tomato. You may use the other for a different time.
4) Cut up the celery stalk along with the green onion. Keep aside. Drain the tuna.
5) In a medium bowl, add mayonnaise, horseradish, chili sauce, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and salt. Mix to get a smooth paste. Add in the chopped up tomato, celery, green onion and tuna. Mix well. Cover the bowl and place in the freezer to chill.
6) Wash the cabbage under running water. Drain the shreds on paper towels. Into a medium bowl add in the drained cabbage, pepper relish and coleslaw dressing. Toss to mix. Cover and chill on the freezer.
7) Thaw the strawberries as per its packet instructions.
8) Apply a light layer of butter on the rolls. Wrap them in foil.
9) In a large, shallow pan, spread out the waffled potato chips. Place the pan along with the rolls in the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes.
10) In a bowl, add the thawed strawberries and 1/4 cup port. Keep in the refrigerator.
11) In a dish, place the party cookies. Sieve the sugar over the top of the cookies.
12) Take the tomato shells from the fridge and stuff them with the tuna salad in large mounds.
13) Arrange the stuffed tomato on a serving platter. Spoon the coleslaw on lettuce leaves placed along the side of the platter. Garnish the top with parsley leaves.
14) Serve the rolls and potato chips in a basket or plate just before the main course.
15) Serve the dusted party cookies for dessert.
Calories 2104Calories from Fat 872
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.8%
Saturated Fat 24 g120%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2114 mg88.08%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 86 g
Protein 59 g118%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 4208Calories from Fat 1744
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 196 g301.6%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4228 mg176.16%
Total Carbohydrates 498 g166%
Dietary Fiber 34 g136%
Sugars 172 g
Protein 118 g236%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet