|Striped bass||3 Pound , head and tail removed|
|Onions||2 Medium , coarsely chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large , pared and sliced|
|Mixed pickling spice||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wipe fish with damp paper towels. Cut into 2-inch slices.
2. In 10-inch skillet, combine onion, carrot, salt, pepper, pickling spice, bay leaves and sugar with water.
3. Bring to boiling; simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Add vinegar.
4. Arrange fish on top; simmer, covered, 1 hour, basting occasionally, until fish flakes easily with fork.
5. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature in marinade—1/2 hour. Arrange fish on serving platter with sauce spooned over. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours, until sauce has jelled.
6. Serve as an appetizer or entree.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1799Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2949 mg122.88%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 87 g
Protein 247 g494%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet