|Cornflour||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Five spice powder||1 Teaspoon|
|White fish fillets||1 Pound , skinned and cut into cubes|
|Groundnut oil||1/4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
|Spring onions||5 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , crushed|
|Chopped ginger root||1 Tablespoon (fresh)|
|Carrots||3 , cut into strips|
|Cucumber||1/4 , halved lengthways, seeded and sliced|
|Pineapple juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Medium dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
1. Whisk the egg white until frothy, then beat in the cornflour, soy sauce, five spice powder, and salt and pepper. Add the fish and mix well.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the fish in 2 batches for 1 minute on each side. Drain on kitchen paper, place on a warmed serving plate and keep warm.
4. Pour off all but 2 tablespoons oil from the wok, add the spring onions, garlic, ginger, carrots and cucumber and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon the vegetables over the fish with a slotted spoon and serve the remaining sauce separately.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1877Calories from Fat 1156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.5%
Saturated Fat 20 g100%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1954 mg81.42%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 89 g178%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet