Sinigang na ulo ng Salmon is translated as Salmon head cooked in a sour broth of tomatoes and tamarind. Sinigang is the term used to cook meat or seafood by boiling it with a sour base such as tamarind. Other variant bases are available depending on the region where sinigang is cooked. Some use guava while others prefer green mangoes and calamansi. It does not matter as to what fruit is used to make the sour base. This dish will always be appreciated as long as the soup is sour enough and the flavor of the meat or seafood blends well.
|Salmon head||1 Pound|
|Sinigang mix||40 Gram|
|Tomato||1 Large , cubed|
|Onion||1 Large , cubed|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large pot pour oil and sauté the onion and tomatoes for few minutes.
2. Add the salmon and cook each side for 3 minutes.
3. Pour water and bring it to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add the sinigang sa Sampaloc mix and let this simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Finally add the fish sauce and spinach stir everything and turn of the heat and cover for 5-7 minutes.
6. Serve with steamed rice.