The Philippines is considered as the melting pot of Asia. People of different race and origin call it their home. Along with themselves, these peolple (migrants, traders, and colonizers) brought their culture, tradition, and food. This is the reason why spices such as curry has made its debut in the Philippine cuisine.
|Chicken||2 Pound , cut into serving pieces|
|Potato||1 Large , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon , minced|
|Celery stalk||3 , cut into 2 inches length|
|Onion||1 Medium , chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small , cut into cubes|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||20 Gram , cut into strips|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
1. In a pan heat the oil and fry the potatoes, take out from the pan and set aside.
2. Fry the chicken in the same pan and set aside.
3. In same pan add in the garlic, onion, ginger and sauté.
4. Add in the chicken, fish sauce, and curry powder.
5. Pour in the water and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the red bell pepper, celery, and potato, simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the coconut milk and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes more.
8. Serve Chicken Curry with steamed rice and enjoy.