|Crab apples||4 Quart|
|Water||1 (As Required)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Cut apples into quarter.
2. In a large saucepan, place apples and cover with cold water bring to a boil and simmer until apples are tender.
3. In a colander or food mill, press the mixture through it and measure should be 4 cups.
4. In a shallow kettle, mix together pulp and sugar boil rapidly with constant stirring until butter is slightly thick and starts to spatter.
5. Reduce heat to low and stir in almond extract cool until butter is thick.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Use Almond Crab Apple Butter for making bread or spread over toast and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5203Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 38 mg1.58%
Total Carbohydrates 1355 g451.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 599 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet