|Apples||4 Pound (About 12 Medium)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , grated (Peeled)|
1. Wash apples; cut into eighths.
2. In a large saucepan, place apples and add little water; cook until apples are tender.
3. In a food mill, process cooked apples.
4. Return processed apples to the saucepan and add sugar and grated lemon peel; cook until mixture is thick.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Spread Lemon Apple Butter over bread and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2503Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 19 mg0.79%
Total Carbohydrates 657 g219%
Dietary Fiber 46 g184%
Sugars 588 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet