|Apples||4 Pound (About 12 Medium)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , grated (Peeled)|
1. Wash apples cut into eighths.
2. In a large saucepan, place apples and add little water cook until apples are tender.
3. In a food mill, process cooked apples.
4. Return processed apples to the saucepan and add sugar and grated lemon peel cook until mixture is thick.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Spread Lemon Apple Butter over bread and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2503Calories from Fat 27
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 19 mg0.79%
Total Carbohydrates 657 g219%
Dietary Fiber 46 g184%
Sugars 588 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet