A healthy body is everyones desire. We go to great lengths to eat right and stay fit. It is imperative to eat right in order to give nourishment to the body. A correct and balanced diet will ensure a healthy and strong body. Incorporate lot of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. These are abundant source of anti-oxidants, which helps to protect the skin from harmful free radicals.
Here are some healthy lunch ideas that you will love. Do try out these amazingly easy lunch ideas.
1) MIDDLE EASTERN RICE SALAD RECIPE
This rice salad is enriched with the goodness of chickpeas, dates and brown rice.
For this healthy lunch recipe you will need:
1. Onion-1 finely chopped
2. Boiled chickpea-one bowl
3. Cooked brown rice-one bowl
4. Few dates
5. Mint leaves and parsley
6. Cumin powder and salt to taste
How To Cook This Rice Salad:
1. Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over a medium heat (the trick to use less oil is to spray it instead of using a spoon)
2. Once the oil is hot add chopped onions and cook for around 5 min or until the onions begin to brown. Keep stirring.
3. Once the onions are done add a bowl of chickpeas, a pinch of cumin powder, freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
4. Mix all this really well and keep it a side.
5. Take a few dates, de-seed them and chop them up really small.
6. Chop mint leaves and parsley and add it to the dates.
7. Combine dates, mint and parsley to the onion and chickpea mixture.
8. Lastly add a bowl of brown rice to the above mixture and mix well. Check for seasoning.
You can serve this rice salad on a plate decorated with a few parsley leaves.
-Chickpeas are legumes. They offer a lot of health benefits. They help to boost the digestion, help in to keep blood sugar levels under control and also protect against disease. They are a storehouse of protein, minerals and vitamins and too. Its no surprise that they are often included in many recipes and healing diets like a nourishing food.
-Brown rice is the healthiest thing to eat. Unlike the tastier polished white rice, the brown rice has the side hull and bran which provide the natural wholeness to the grain and add to its nutritive value. It is rich in proteins, calcium, thiamine, magnesium, potassium and loads of fiber. For all those trying to lose weight or are suffering from diabetes, brown rice is a healthful option as it has a low glycaemic rating. This helps to reduce insulin spikes.
2) CURRIED EGG SALAD SANDWICH RECIPE
This is a very healthy lunch idea for work or when you are on the go. The nourishment of eggs, spinach and the whole wheat brown bread makes this sandwich a very satiating food, just what you need when you want to eat something light, healthy yet tasty.
For this healthy lunch recipe you need:
1. Boiled eggs two
2. Finely chopped capsicum-one bowl
3. Spinach leaves, washed and dry
4. Thick yogurt-two tbsps.
5. Whole wheat brown bread-a few slices
6. Chilly curry powder-one tsp
7. Salt to taste
How To Cook This Egg Salad Sandwich:
1. Put a skillet on medium heat, once warm crumble 2 boiled eggs.
Mash the eggs really well with the help of a spatula.
2. Once the eggs are done, add a cup of chopped bell peppers and mix it well.
3. To the mixture add 2 tbsp of thick yogurt and mix it up.
4. Add 1 tsp of chilly curry powder and freshly ground pepper to get that extra punch.
5. Lastly, add salt to taste and mix well.
6. Take a slice of whole wheat brown bread.
7. Spread a few leaves of spinach on it.
8. Scoop some of the egg mixture and spread it evenly on top of the spinach leaves.
9. Repeat the procedure till you have a sandwich tower.
Hope you try out these healthy lunch ideas, they are packed with nutrition and goodness. Eat right, feel well!!