Good Food Ireland - Seared Goatbridge Trout with Broth of Smoked Salmon and Mussels by Garry Hughes from The Shelbourne Hotel.
|Sea trout fillets||190 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||25 Milliliter|
|Butter||15 Gram (Cuinneog Butter)|
|Samphire||15 Gram (Wexford coastal samphire)|
|For the sauce|
|Smoked salmon||12 Gram , cubed (turf house smoked Castletownbere Salmon)|
|Cooked mussels||6 (Mullaghmore sfigo mussels)|
|Chopped shallots||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Season the sea trout with salt and pour in extra virgin oil in a heated pan. Place the fish and cook until achieve a crispy skin and golden brown flesh.
2. For the sauce – In a heavy – bottomed pan, pour in the chicken stock and add in the butter and reduce.
3. Add in the samphire and cook for 30 seconds, followed by the shallots and mussels, chives and parsley. Season with fresh lemon juice and stir well. Cook for 60 seconds.
4. Add in the smoked salmon to the sauce and heat through.
5. In a serving plate, pour in the sauce and top with salmon. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 362Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 538 mg22.42%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 45 g90%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet