Good Food Ireland - Fillet Steak by Jay Collier from Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill.
|Fillet steak||226 Gram|
|Cracked black pepper||20 Gram|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon , divided|
|For the potato chips|
|Potato||1 , wedged|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon , divided (Boiled in salt water)|
|Oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Salt||1/2 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Unsalted butter||1/2 Ounce|
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C/354 degrees F.
2. In a plate, mix together cracked black pepper and corn-starch.
3. Drizzle 1T olive oil over the steak and massage well. Place over the corn-starch mixture and liberally dust the top of the fillet.
4. In a heavy – based pan, heat the remaining olive oil and fry the steaks for 2 minutes each side, turning only once.
5. Place the steak into the oven and cook for 8 minutes.
6. Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 5 – 10 minutes.
7. In a pan, boil water with salt and add in the potatoes; cook for 4 minutes.
8. In a pan, heat the oil at 150 C/ 350 F and deep fry the potatoes for 5 minutes.
9. Take out and deep fry again at 180 C/ 354 F.
10. In a small saucepan, boil water with salt and add in the raisins. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat, let it simmer for 5 minutes.
11. Take off from the heat and drain the raisins; rinse under cold water. Set aside.
12. In a saucepan, add butter and raisins. Pour in the brandy and burn the alcohol.
13. In a serving plate, place steak and top with raisin sauce. Serve along with potato chips and roasted tomato. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 612Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 114 mg4.75%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet