Here is the dessert I donated to the Under the Sea Prom to Benefit the Red Cross that took place on April 26, 2013! On behalf of myself and the planning committee, thank you to all those who attended, supported, and donated to the event!! I hope you enjoyed the dessert! Remember to visit www.TheAubergineChef.com to download this recipe for free, see more free how-to baking and pastry videos, and to read a blog full of helpful tips and fun anecdotes! Thank you for watching!
|For white cake|
|All pupose flour||10 1/2 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||10 1/2 Ounce|
|Baking powder||19 1/2 Gram|
|Whole milk||8 Ounce , divided|
|Egg white||4 3/4 Ounce|
|For blueberry mousse|
|Blueberries||566 Gram , pureed, pressed and strained|
|Lemon juice||1/3 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1/3 Ounce|
|Water||1 1/4 Ounce|
|Heavy ceam||1 Pound|
|Powdered sugar||6 Ounce|
|For simple syrup:|
|Granulated sugar||1 2/3 Ounce|
|Cream of tartar||1 Pinch|
|Dry vermouth||2/3 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||4 1/2 Ounce|
|Granulated gelatin||3/8 Ounce|
|Limoncello liqueur||4 1/2 Ounce|
|For chantilly cream|
|Heavy cream||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Ounce , sifted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Dash|
|Candies||10 (Swedish fish)|
|Cookies||10 (almond lace cookies)|
For White cake
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. In a mixer bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, granulated sugar and salt, mix and set it in a standing mixer.
3. In a small bowl, put 4 ounces of warm milk together with, egg white and vanilla.
4. Fit the standing mixer with paddle attachment and add in butter and remaining 4 ounces of milk to the flour mixture.
5. Mix all the ingredients on low speed until all the ingredients are moist.
6. Raise the speed and mix for 1 ½ minute at high speed.
7. Scrape the sides of bowl and mix at low speed and pour in milk vanilla mixture, little bit at a time
8. After adding the complete milk egg white mixture, beat the mixture at high speed for about 30 seconds.
9. In 13 X 8 inches, parchment lined and sprayed baking sheet, pour the flour batter and flatten it.
10. Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
11. Remove and set aside.
For blueberry mousse
12. In a saucepan, heat the blueberry puree, until the temperature reaches 230 F.
13. Remove the pan off the heat and allow it to cool.
14. Once the puree cools add in the lemon juice, vanilla and gin.
15. In a saucepan, combine water with gelatin and warm it until the gelatin blooms.
16. In a standing mixture, put cream and sugar and beat it up to soft peak consistency.
17. Fold the whipped cream into the puree about 1/3 at a time and fold it lightly, until well combined.
18. In a small saucepan, bring all the ingredients for the syrup to a boil and allow to cool.
19. Fill the syrup in a squeeze bottle.
20. Cut the white cake, in the size of bottom of the serving glass.
21. Place the cake pieces in the glasses, and drizzle about ¼ ounce of syrup over the cake and allow the cake to soak.
22. Put in about 3 ounces of blueberry mousse over each soaked cake and freeze the glass for at least 4 hours to overnight.
23. In a saucepan, combine water and granulated sugar and whisk well to mix
24. Heat the saucepan over low heat, until warmed, but do not allow it to boil.
25. While still stirring, add in the granulated gelatin and allow it to bloom.
26. Meanwhile in a bowl, combine 9 ounces of water with limoncello liquor.
27. Mix the gelatin mixture with the limoncello mixture.
28. Scrape off the mousse bits from the glass and pour about 2.5 ounces of the limoncello mixture on the mousse.
29. Place the glasses back in 2.5 hours.
For chantilly cream
30. In a stand mixer, beat together all the ingredients for chantilly cream until soft peak consistency.
31. Put the chantilly cream on top od limoncello jelly and flatten it.
32. Place a candy and a almond lace cookie on each and serve.
Calories 887Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 25 g125%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 448 mg18.67%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 86 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8870Calories from Fat 3590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 410 g631%
Saturated Fat 250 g1250%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4480 mg186.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1190 g397%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 860 g
Protein 90 g180%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet