In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Blarney Stones in honor of St. Patrick's Day. These are green-colored Vanilla Cupcakes, topped with White Vanilla Frosting, topped with green-tinted coconut. These cupcakes are meant to represent stones covered with moss. This video contains the complete recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes, Vanilla Frosting, and Green-Tinted Coconut Garnish.
|For vanilla cupcake|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , softened|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1/3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Green food coloring||7 Drop (or as needed)|
|For vanilla frosting|
|Shortening||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Crisco used)|
|Confectioners sugar||12 Ounce (10|
|Milk||1 1/2 Tablespoon (1|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For green||tinted coconut garnish|
|Flaked coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
|Green food coloring||1/2 Teaspoon (more or less as needed)|
1. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liner and set it aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
For Vanilla Cupcake:
3. In a large bowl, place butter and gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
5. In a separate bowl, add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
6. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with milk. Beat well after each addition.
7. Pour vanilla and food coloring. Mix until just blended.
8. Spoon batter into muffin grooves, about 2/3 of the way up.
9. Pop the pan in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Remove the pan from oven and place cupcakes on cooling rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
For Vanilla Frosting:
11. In a large bowl, add softened butter and shortening. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
12. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and beat well after each addition.
13. Stir in vanilla and milk. Mix well. Add more milk, if needed for desired consistency.
For Green-Tinted Coconut Garnish:
14. Place coconut in a jar. In a small bowl, combine green food coloring to water until desired color is achieved.
15. Add water to coconut in the jar and secure the lid. Shake until coconut is uniformly tinted. Drain coconut on paper towel.
16. Dip cupcake top in frosting and then cover it with green tinted coconut. Repeat for the remaining cupcakes.
17. Pop the cupcakes in refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
18. Serve chilled and enjoy!
You may place the cupcakes in refrigerator to cool at room temperature.
Calories 418Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 93 mg3.88%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 45 g
Protein 3 g6%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5016Calories from Fat 2088
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 240 g369.6%
Saturated Fat 108 g540%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1116 mg46.56%
Total Carbohydrates 684 g228%
Dietary Fiber 0 0%
Sugars 540 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet