In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make her Very Best Meringue for Topping Pies. This is a gorgeous and fail-proof recipe.
|Sugar||8 Tablespoon , divided (2 tablespoons + 6 tablespoons)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, and 2 tablespoons sugar with ½ cup water. Stir well. Place the saucepan on medium heat and cook until thickened and translucent. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add egg whites and salt. Whip until foamy and soft peaks form.
3. Add the cooked mixture into the bowl and continue beating until creamy.
4. Gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar and beat until very creamy.
5. Spread on pie and bake. Cut pie into pieces and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 563Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat %
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 388 mg16.17%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.7%
Dietary Fiber %
Sugars 120 g
Protein 10 g20%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet