How to make this killer recipe. Chicken stuffed with cured ham, smoked gouda cheese, mushroom, and herbs. Served with saute of veggies and baby red potatoes.
|Chicken breast||4 Large (ROULADE)|
|Prosciutto (cured ham)||4 Large (ROULADE)|
|Smoked gouda cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cut into small pieces (ROULADE)|
|Portbello mushrooms||12 , cut in half (ROULADE)|
|Thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon (ROULADE)|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon (ROULADE)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon (ROULADE)|
|Green beans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cut into 1 1/2 inch long pieces|
|Baby carrots||10 Small|
|Cherry tomatoes||10 Medium|
|Lemon||1/2 Medium , juiced|
|Baby red potatoes||9 Small , par boiled|
|Butter sauces||5 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Clean and cut the chicken into large pieces. Using a mallet pound the chicken into flat.
2. Cut the mushrooms into half.
3. Slice the Gouda cheese into small pieces.
4. Chop the beans into 1 ½ long pieces.
5. Peel and clean the carrots.
6. Chop the onions.
7. Make the butter sauce as per its recipe.
8. WRAPPING ROULADE: Take the pounded chicken breast and lay it on a flat surface.
9. Place the cured ham on top. Arrange the mushrooms, cheese, rosemary, thyme and parsley on top.
10. Fold both sides of the chicken breast; roll it away from you holding the stuffing together (like burrito).
11. Take a twine and make loops all over the rolled chicken breast in equal distance and tie it together to seal the rolled chicken from falling apart.
12. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoon olive oil on high and place the chicken roulade and allow it to cook on both sides till it turns brown. Flip it once in a while to cook all sides evenly.
13. Once the chicken is cooked, pour some wine into the pan to deglaze it. Cover and cook for a few more minutes till chicken is done.
14. In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and put in the beans and baby carrots. Pour some lemon juice over it. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cook till tender.
15. Take a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add parboiled baby red potatoes. Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary over it, stir and allow it to cook till brown.
16. Take the chicken roulade and cut it into thick slices.
17. In a serving plate, place the roulade slices in the centre. Arrange the potatoes on one side and the beans and carrots on the other side. Pour the butter sauce over the roulade generously and serve hot.
Calories 552Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 876 mg36.5%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 47 g94%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2208Calories from Fat 740
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.2%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3504 mg146%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.2%
Dietary Fiber 36 g144%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 188 g376%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet