|Tart cooking apples||4 Pound , peeled, cored, and sliced|
|Fresh fruit||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered cloves||1 Pinch|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (Of 1 Lemon)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) , softened (2 Sticks)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream/Vanilla ice cream||4 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Add the sliced apples into a bowl of water in which Fruit Fresh has been dissolved, then strain.
3) Add sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, spices, lemon rind, and juice and stir well.
4) Transfer to a 9- x 13-inch pan and place in oven for 30 minutes.
5) For the topping, in a bowl, add all topping ingredients.
6) Blend well till mixed but still crumbly.
7) Remove the apples from the oven and crumble the topping across to completely cover.
8) Place back into the oven and bake till the top is crisp and golden.
9) Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 8013Calories from Fat 1919
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g336.9%
Saturated Fat 132 g660%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2307 mg96.13%
Total Carbohydrates 1453 g484.3%
Dietary Fiber 62 g248%
Sugars 989 g
Protein 58 g116%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet