|Dried corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Calf heart||1 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Rye flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chopped|
|Dried basil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon , chopped|
1) In a food mill or electric blender, grind dried corn as fine as possible .
2) Add water to the dried corn powder and set aside to soak about 30 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, trim off fat and any arteries from the heart and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
4) Dust the calf heart with wheat germ and flour.
5) In a skillet, saute it in oil, turning to brown all sides, about 5 minutes.
6) Add onions and continue to saute until tender.
7) Then add soaked corn (with water), herbs, and pepper.
8) Cook for 5 minutes longer.
9) Serve the dish hot with salad and breads.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1104Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 429 mg17.88%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 19 g76%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 98 g196%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet