|Sifted all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Currants||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dried)|
|Buttermilk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a large bowl and sift together sugar, flour, baking soda and salt in it.
3) Add currants and coat with flour. Gently stir in buttermilk only as much as is required for moistening the flour.
4) Lightly flour your hands and knead dough about 10 times with it.
5) Place dough on a floured baking sheet and fold into an 8-inch round shape. At the top, form a cross shape with the lightly floured knife.
6) Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until the loaf turns golden brown or begins to sound hollow upon being tapped with finger tips. Place the bread on a wire rack to cool completely.
7) Slice and serve along with your favorite dishes.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2092Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat %
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4286 mg178.58%
Total Carbohydrates 427 g142.3%
Dietary Fiber 18 g72%
Sugars 24 g
Protein 67 g134%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet