Developed for Redwood Hill and Green Valley Organics Lactose Free by Chef Billy Brigsten.
Based in New York, Chef Brigsten specializes in creating menus for restaurants and private
clients that are free of allergens and full of things people love to eat.
|Syrup of maple||4 Tablespoon|
|Juice of lemon||1/2 (Approximately 2 Tablespoons)|
|Brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kefir/Redwood hill farm goat milk kefir||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green Valley Organics Plain)|
|Bananas||2 , cut in bite sized pieces 8 once total when peeled|
|Green cardamom||5 , crushed|
|Grated ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
For Kefir Sabayon:
1. Place the bowl over a small pot of water at a low heat and whisk the yolks, juice, and maple until it is aerated and fluffy.
2. Cool slightly and mix with 4 oz. of Green Valley Organics Plain Kefir or Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir.
For the Butterscotch Banana:
1. Bring the brown sugar, kefir and salt to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Let cool for one minute and then add two bananas that have been cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Swirl the banana around in the sauce to coat it nicely.
3. To assemble, layer the sabayon with the butterscotch bananas in a glass as you would a parfait.
For the Sweet and Salty Chai Lassi:
Place the above ingredients in a small pot and simmer for a few minutes, until the water is reduced to ¼ cup. Cool it and mix it well with:
16 oz. Redwood Hill Farm Goat Milk Kefir
4 Tbsp. maple syrup
Dip the lip of a glass into the drink, then some pink salt (Himalayan). Pour in Lassi and serve.
To learn more about Green Valley Organics visit their website: