Watch how to make Breakfast Waffles, a delicious, healthy and kids friendly recipe by Anushruti.
Breakfast becomes an occasion and is no less than a treat when you have waffles in the menu. Check out Anushruti's take on these delicious and healthy waffles recipe
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (if required)|
1. In a bowl, put in all the dry ingredients, the whole wheat flour, the cornflour, the baking powder, salt and sugar and stir until the ingredients are mixed together.
2. In a saucepan, mix all the wet ingredients, the melted butter, the milk and vanilla extract together with a whisk. -
3. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Beat the mixture very lightly, making sure that you do not over-beat the batter.
4. If the batter is stiff, then you need to add a little water. Different flours have different water absorption capacities and therefore you need to adjust the amount of water used until you get the right consistency.
5. Allow the batter to rest for about 5 minutes.
6. Brush the pre-heated waffle iron with melted butter using a silicon brush and pour the batter right into the centre of the waffle iron, evenly distributing the batter at the sides.
7. Cook the waffles until done.
8. You can serve waffles with jam, fresh fruits, maple syrup, whipped cream or honey.