Today Lyndsay's going to show you her old time family recipe for crispy, cheesy, English Muffin Pizzas!
|Pizza sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Italian herbs||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cut into small pieces|
|Pineapple||1 Can (10 oz) (pineapple tid bits used)|
|Pizza pepperoni slices||96 Small (thin slices used)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Heat the pepperoni slices in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp around edges, about 2 minutes.
2. Remove from the pan and blot out any additional fat in paper towel. Do the same with the ham, sauteing just until it begins to crisp.
3. Saute the onions, and peppers until they're soft and beginning to caramelize. Remove to a bowl. Saute the mushrooms until they begin to lose their water. Add the garlic, and Italian seasonings. Set aside in another bowl.
4. Adjust oven rack to upper middle position and preheat to broil. Lightly brush the muffins with extra virgin olive oil and place onto a foil lined baking sheet. Place under the broiler just until they begin to toast to lightly brown.
5. For the All Dressed Pepperoni Coat each English muffin half with sauce. Sprinkle cheese on each English muffin. Place 4 pepperoni slices on top of each pizza. Sprinkle on the mushrooms, peppers, and onions and top with a little more cheese.6. For the Hawaiian Coat each English muffin half with sauce. Sprinkle cheese on each English muffin. Sprinkle the top of each pizza with the ham, green pepper, and onion. Add pineapple tid bits and top with a little more cheese.7. At this point, you can bake these off or freeze until later. If freezing, place the baking tray into the freezer until the pizzas are completely frozen. Individually wrap each pizza bun in plastic wrap and then store in large freezer bags.
8. Serve hot.
TIPFreeze for up to 3 months or bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. To use frozen Pizza English Muffins: Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.