In this episode of how to Christmas cooking, learn how to create the delicious Swedish casserole known as Jansson's Temptation a favorite for Swedish families around Christmas.
|Cream||3 1/2 Deciliter|
|Milk||3 1/2 Deciliter|
|Bread crumbs||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Drain the anchovies, save the liquid.
3. Peel the potatoes.
4. Cut the potatoes into fries sizes.
5. Add anchovies liquid, cream, milk and potatoes in a pot, stir for 10 minutes.
6. Peel and cut the onion.
7. Fry the onions in butter until soft, add brown sugar and caramelize.
8. Butter a baking tin, and add potatoes, onion and anchovies in layers.
9. Sprinkle over the bread crumbs.
10. Use a cheese slicer, slice the butter, and add on top of the bread crumbs.
11. Bake in the lower part of the oven for 50 min.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3561Calories from Fat 632
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 44 g220%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 7218 mg300.75%
Total Carbohydrates 672 g224%
Dietary Fiber 42 g168%
Sugars 187 g
Protein 83 g166%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet