Deep fried chips in oil and fish fried in butter amounts to about 4000 kilojoules and about 10 grams of saturated fat. Our suggestion is that you swap the traditional fish n chips with an healthy alternative including grilled fish and crispy chips cooked in egg white.
|For the chips|
|Potatoes||600 Gram , wash, scrubbed and cut into chunks|
|Cayenne pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped sage||1 Tablespoon|
|For the avocado sauce|
|Zucchini||1 Medium , chopped into cubes|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
|Chopped dill||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced|
|Avocado||1 , chopped into cubes|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For the fish|
1. Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F.
2. Prepare a baking sheet.
3. In a bowl, combine egg whites, cayenne pepper and chopped sage. Whisk lightly.
4. Pour this mixture over potato chunks and toss to coat well. Spread the coated potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30- 40 minutes.
5. For the avocado salsa, in a bowl add chopped zucchini, chopped avocado, capers, chopped dill and lemon juice. Mix well and sprinkle with black pepper.
6. For the fish, brush the fish fillets with oil and place them on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
7. Serve the grilled fish accompanied with chips and avocado salsa.