Everybody loves apple pie! Traditionally made with a sweet crust pastry made from butter and sweetened with sugar. While it might be yummy, its far too high in saturated fat. You can swap the traditional recipe for this healthier version and still enjoy apple pie!
|Apple||3 , thinly sliced|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sultanas||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, combine sliced apples, sultanas, cinnamon and lemon juice. Toss well.
4. Roll out the pie dough and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with maple syrup.
5. Put the apple mixture in the center of the pie and fold the edges as shown in the video. Brush the edges lightly with maple syrup.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7. Serve with reduced fat yogurt or ice cream.