Looking for the CUTEST brunch of lunch idea for this weekend? Try these out! Every bunny will love them! The best part: theyre SO much easier to make than youd expect.
|Puff pastry sheet||1|
|Red food color||1 Drop (((optional)))|
|Yellow food coloring||1 Drop (((optional)))|
|Hard boiled eggs||6|
|Mayonnaise||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Fresh dill||To Taste|
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Using heavy duty foil shape the foil into a cone. Watch the video to see how! Lightly spray the foil cones and set aside.
3. On a floured surface lightly roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet. Cut the puff pastry into 1 inch long strips. Taking one strip at a time, wrap the puff pastry around the cone making sure to slightly overlap each layer. Pinch the puff pastry at the top to ensure it doesn’t unravel. Continue this with as many carrot cups as you’d like.
4. In a small bowl whisk together an egg, water, red and yellow food coloring. Brush the puff pastry with the egg wash and put into the oven.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes, until puffed and lightly golden
7. While cooking make the egg salad by adding the chopped hard boiled eggs to a bowl. To the eggs add the mayo, mustard, chopped chives, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Mix until combined.
8. Spoon in the egg salad to the carrot puff pastry cups until filled, and then put a few sprigs of dill into the egg salad to make it look like carrot tops.
9. That’s it! How adorable is that? Hoppy Easter!