|Tortillas (frozen or canned) Crisco for shallow frying||6|
|Ground beef||1 pound|
|Onion||1/2 cup, chopped|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||1 can (10 1/2 ounces)|
|Enchilada sauce||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Evaporated milk||1 can (5 1/3 ounces), (2/3 cup)|
|Sharp processed American cheese||1 cup (4 ounces) shredded|
|Canned green chilies||2 to 4 tablespoons, chopped and seeded|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Fry the tortillas in hot Crisco till the tortillas are crisp
3. Drain the tortillas on paper towels and break into small pieces
4. In the same skillet, cook the beef and onion till the beef is lightly browned.
5. Stir in the soup and add the rest of the ingredients including the tortillas.
6. Turn this mixture into a 2-quart casserole and bake for one hour. Stir once or twice before baking
7. Serve hot sprinkled with cheese