|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon , chopped|
|Corn chips||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , shredded, divided (Reserving Some For Garnish)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||14 1/2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce , diced (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded lettuce||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Chopped tomato||4 (For Garnish)|
1. In a medium (2-quart or 8 cup) microwave proof casserole add beef breaking chunks with a spoon.
2. Stir in onion.
3. Cover dish with plastic wrap.
4. Microwave at HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes, stirring once, until beef changes color.
5. Drain the excess fat if any before stirring in 1 cup cheese and the remaining ingredients.
6. Return to the microwave and set the level to 8
7. Cook for about 8 minutes until meat is cooked and mixture is hot.
8. Top with remaining cheese and microwave for another 2 minutes just until cheese melts and is bubbly.
9. Scatter chopped tomatoes and shredded lettuce on top and serve hot straight from the casserole dish.