Betty demonstrates how to make Fluffy Egg Nests for Mother's Day. This would make a great breakfast for Mom on her day!
|Bread slices||4 (whole wheat bread or white bread)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon , melted|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Velveeta cheese||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs) , shredded (American cheese or shredded Cheddar cheese)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Toast bread and brush one side with melted butter. Place them on a large baking pan and set aside.
3. Separate eggs, placing egg whites in a medium-sized bowl and placing each yolk back in its broken shell until ready to use.
3. Season egg white with salt and pepper to taste. Beat until stiff peaks form. Divide beaten egg whites into 4 equal portions. Heap each portion on top of the buttered side of toast. Smooth edges. Using a teaspoon, make a hollow at the center of each mound of beaten egg whites.
4. Gently slip each egg yolk into one of the hollows, trying not to break the yolk. Season the yolk with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle one-fourth of the cheese over the top of each egg nest. Pop in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until egg whites are browned and yolks are just firm. Test yolks for firmness by running a knife from the side into the center of the egg yolk. When eggs are done to your taste, remove from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!