Pour yourself a cup-a-joe, break a few eggs into a bowl, stir it up with a fork and throw it into a pan, right? Simple, but bleh. With a few handy tips from the Amazing Sean and sometimes amazing Adam, youll be making Amazing Scrambled Eggs in no time, Dude. Oh and Adam has a great recipe for rustic toast to go with your eggs, super easy.
|For scrambled eggs|
|Low fat milk||4 Tablespoon|
|Dried parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , finely chopped|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon , divided|
|Roma tomatoes||2 (or 1 large tomato)|
|Shredded cheese||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Jack, Cheddar or any cheese of your choice)|
|For adam's rustic toast|
|Baguette||250 Gram , sliced diagonally (good, crusty baguette)|
|Unsalted butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
FOR SCRAMBLED EGGS
1. Pour yourself a cup-a-joe, break a few eggs into a bowl... wait, yeah. So, crack the eggs on the counter, not on the edge of the bowl (like Adam did), so you don’t get shell fragments in your eggs (fortunately Adam didn’t). Want another handy-dandy Dude tip? Sure you do. Crack your eggs into a large measuring cup, cuz it has a pour spout! Sean and Adam are thinkers!
2. Next, add in the milk, dried parsley (if for some strange reason you have fresh parsley, which would be impressive, add that in at the very end once the eggs are pretty much done cooking) and a dash of salt. Whisk until blended. Use a fork if you don’t have a whisk. We won’t hold that against you.
3. Grab yourself a non-stick skillet and put it over medium heat. WAIT, till it gets hot, and then add half the olive oil. WAIT, till the olive oil gets hot, then add the onions and sweat for 4-5 minutes, maybe a touch longer until they become translucent.
4. Then goes the garlic. Garlic cooks quickly, so only 30 seconds is needed. You’ll know cuz it’ll smell good (aka have a pungent aroma).
5. Now it’s time for the eggs. You might need a little more olive oil, so now is the time.
6. In go the eggs, and a little black pepper. If you have a rubber spatula, awesome, if not use a wooden or plastic spoon.
7. Stir the eggs in a circular motion and swirl the pan at the same time for about 30 seconds. This does require hand-eye coordination, but will give you much fluffier eggs.
8. Let the eggs do their thing for a minute or two, stirring occasionally. Eggs cook really quickly, so keep an eye on them.
9. But don’t cook them till they’re a dried up mess. They should be a little loose and almost runny when you add in the tomato and 3/4 of the cheese (save the rest for garnish). Give them a stir or two to combine and you’re ready to eat! The eggs will keep cooking for a bit even off the heat.
10. Serve with the remaining cheese on top and a slice or two of Adam’s Rustic Toast.
FOR ADAM'S RUSTIC TOAST
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 WITH a baking sheet inside.
2. Once the oven is hot (the baking sheet will also be quite hot, duh), carefully place the bread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 3 minutes until you see a bit of color, then turn and bake for 2 minutes more.
3. Remove from the oven and spread with butter and a sprinkling of salt.
4. Serve right away. This is way better than making everyone wait while you put Wonder Bread in your two-slice toaster.
Calories 562Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 864 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2248Calories from Fat 1072
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g184.8%
Saturated Fat 52 g260%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3456 mg144%
Total Carbohydrates 184 g61.2%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 108 g216%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet