The Kitchen Witch demonstrates how to make ahead eggs benedict for an easy and delicious Christmas breakfast!
|For egg benedict toast cups|
|Canadian bacon||12 (round slices)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Hollandaise sauce||25 Gram (Knorr's Hollandaise sauce)|
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For fruit salad with honeyed yogurt|
|Cantaloupe||1/2 , bite size pieces|
|Honey dew melon||1/2 , bite size pieces|
|Fresh pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs) , cut into tid bits|
|Seedless purple grapes||1 Cup (16 tbs) , washed, halved|
|Greek yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted flaked almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cranberry orange champagne punch|
|Unsweetened orange juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sparkling wine||750 Milliliter (1 bottle)|
|7 up||1 Liter|
For Eggs Benedict Toast Cups
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
2. Grease a non stick 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray.
3. Divide muffins into half, and roll them into thin sheets. Place muffin sheets in prepared tin.
4. Follow package direction and prepare hollandaise sauce. Into a small bowl, transfer the sauce and pop it in refrigerator to cool.
5. Season bacon with pepper. Set aside.
6. Pop the muffin tin in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Place a non-stick pan on medium high flame, heat oil and fry bacon in it for about 1 minute per side or until slightly brown.
8. Cut bacon into quarter and place it in toasted muffin cups as shown in the video.
9. In a separate bowl, take eggs and whisk it well. Pour cup of hollandaise sauce and mix until smooth.
10. Place a non-stick pan on medium high flame, grease it with cooking spray and pour egg mixture in it. Stir gently to scramble. As soon as the egg begins to go fluffy, remove the pan from heat and keep stirring gently until the eggs are almost cooked through.
11. Spoon equal amount of egg mixture into the muffin cups. Top it with remaining hollandaise sauce. Allow it to cool. Place it in refrigerator until nice and firm.
12. Pop refrigerated firm toast cups in oven and bake for 8-12 minutes at 375 degree F or until bubbly and golden.
13. Serve egg Benedict toast cups hot with fruit salad and cranberry orange champagne punch. Recipe follows.
For Fruit Salad with Honeyed Yogurt
1. In a large bowl, add cantaloupe, melon, pineapple, and grapes. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine yogurt, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix.
3. Drizzle yogurt mixture on salad, and garnish with almond.
For Cranberry Orange Champagne Punch
1. In a glass pitcher, combine orange juice, and cranberry juice.
2. Add champagne and 7up on top just before serving.
While making Eggs Benedict, keep stirring gently to avoid burning and over cooked eggs.
If you want to freeze toast cups, cool them on a baking sheet. Wrap with plastic and pop them in refrigerator until frozen and solid. Put toast cups in ziplock bags and freeze up to 2 months.
If you do not want them crispy then microwave on high for one minute.
If baking frozen cups, then bake for 17-20 minutes on 375 degree F.
Calories 977Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 972 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 59 g
Protein 31 g62%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 7816Calories from Fat 2928
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 320 g492%
Saturated Fat 88 g440%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 7776 mg324%
Total Carbohydrates 936 g312%
Dietary Fiber 72 g288%
Sugars 472 g
Protein 248 g496%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet