Come to www.HealthyHelpingsTV.com to print this complete recipe!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but if you're a bit red-eyed, the thought of standing over pots and pans to cook something substantial is pretty scary. Still, a good bacon and egg breakfast is a great start. Here's the easy way, either Low-Carb OR Low-Fat!
Host Michelle Koen shows you a recipe that's big on results and low on effort.
|Garlic clove||1 Medium , finely chopped|
|Shallots||1 Medium , chopped|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon , chopped|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Pancetta/Bacon||2 Ounce (or ham, 2 slices)|
|Tomato||2 Medium , sliced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a muffin pan, brush two muffin holes with olive oil.
3) Slice two tomatoes into halves.
4) In a muffin pan, place a pancetta or any other ham bacon slice in each greased muffin hole.
5) Top each pancetta with equal quantity of the shallots.
6) Then top each pancetta with an egg.
7) Place the tomato halves in another muffin holes.
8) Brush the tomatoes with olive oil and top them with chopped garlic and basil.
9) Season the eggs and tomatoes with salt and pepper to taste.
10) Cover the tomatoes with balsamic vinegar.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
12) Serve the pancetta-eggs and tomatoes with toasted bread for breakfast.