|For the cheddar & bacon biscuits|
|All purpose flour||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||25 Gram (1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoon)|
|Kosher salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||3 Tablespoon (room temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon , cubed|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , grated (Yellow Sharp Cheddar Cheese)|
|Apple smoked bacon||32 1/2 Gram , cooked & chopped (5 slices)|
|Low fat buttermilk||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For the baked eggs over spinach and mushrooms|
|Melted butter/Cooking spray||3 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Red onion||1 Tablespoon , dice|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , mince|
|Portobello mushrooms/Crimini mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs) , chop|
|All purpose seasoning||To Taste (Grand Diamond)|
|Frozen chopped spinach packages||10 Ounce , thawed, drained|
|Grated cheese||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Choice of: Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack or Gruyere)|
FOR THE BAKED EGGS OVER SPINACH & MUSHROOMS
1. Finely dice the red onion, chop the mushrooms and mince the garlic, keep it aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
3. Spray 2-6 ounces ramekins with cooking spray or melted butter, keep it aside.
4. Preheat a medium size pan on medium high heat, sauté the shallots and garlic with olive oil for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning, sauté with the garlic and shallots for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the spinach and sauté for another 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the heat when done.
7. Distribute the mushrooms and spinach mixture among the 4 ramekins evenly.
8. For a sunny side up egg, crack 1 egg into a separate bowl and gently pour it into a ramekin, sprinkle with Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning.
9. For scrambled eggs, crack 1 egg into a separate bowl, whisk with Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning.
10. The ratio should be one egg to one ramekin.
11. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.
12. After 8 minutes remove the baking sheet from the oven and top each baked egg with about 1 tablespoon of grated cheese and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes.
13. Once done remove and serve.
14. Serve the baked eggs over spinach & mushrooms along with cheddar and bacon biscuits
Mushrooms absorb oil, so if the pan looks a little dry it’s okay to add a couple of tablespoons of olive oil.
FOR THE CHEDDAR AND BACON BISCUITS
1. Preheat oven to 425 Degrees.
2. Prepare the baking sheet and spray it with cooking spray.
3. In a food processor, blend the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, pulse to combine.
4. Add the shortening and pulse, add the butter, and pulse until the butter is the size of peas.
5. Add the cheese and chopped bacon, pulse 2 to 3 times.
6. Add in the buttermilk and pulse just until the mixture is moistened and the dough slightly comes together.
7. Transfer the dough into a bowl and lightly knead with a rubber spatula until the dough comes together.
8. On a baking sheet, using a tablespoon scoop out the dough about the size of a golf ball. Leave about 2 inches space between the biscuits.
9. Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes.
10. Once done remove and transfer in a serving plate.
11. Serve the cheddar and bacon biscuits along with baked eggs over spinach & mushrooms.
Do not overwork the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
You can substitute bacon with chives.
Calories 954Calories from Fat 593
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 28 g140%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1230 mg51.25%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 31 g62%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3816Calories from Fat 2372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 272 g418.4%
Saturated Fat 112 g560%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4920 mg205%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.2%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 124 g248%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet