|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||5 Ounce , toasted and chopped (1 Can / 1 Cup)|
|Dairy sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Cup / 1 Carton)|
|Red raspberry jam||9 Tablespoon (From A 12 Ounce Jar)|
|Apricot jam||9 Tablespoon (From A 12 Ounce Jar)|
|Butter frosting||2 Tablespoon (Of Your Choice)|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Lightly grease and dust back off two 9X9X2-inch cake pans .
3) In a bowl, sift together flour and salt.
4) In a large bowl, beat the butter or margarine with an electric mixer at medium speed.
5) Slowly add sugar, beating continuously until fluffy.
6) While still beating, add in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy.
7) Stir in vanilla.
8) Gradually add the flour mixture a third at a time, while beating with mixer until blended.
9) Smear 1/2 cup of the batter on each pan to within 1/4 inch of edges to make a thin layer.
10) Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or just until golden around edges.
11) Using a spatula loosen the edges and remove and cool over wire rack.
12) Repeat steps and using the remaining batter, washing, greasing and flouring the pans after each baking, to make 7 layers.
13) In a small bowl stir almonds into sour cream.
14) Make the layers by placing one thin layer on board or cookie sheet.
15) Smear with 3 tablespoons of the raspberry jam, and 1/4 cup of the sour-cream mixture.
16) Place second layer on top; spread with 3 tablespoons of the apricot jam and 1/4 cup of the sour-cream mixture.
17) Repeat with 4 more layers, alternating jam fillings each time; cover with remaining layer.
18) Put one of the square baking pans on top, putting weighing by 2-pound food can, to press layers together.
19) Refrigerate the cake overnight, until chilled.
20. In a cup place 3 tablespoons and stir until pink with a drop or two of red food coloring.
21. Cut the sides of chilled cake with a sharp knife.
22) Smear top with white frosting.
23) Immediately dribble pink frosting from tip of knife in thin straight lines, 1/2 inch apart, over white.
24) Move the knife through frosting and across lines every 1/2 inch to make a pretty pattern. 25) Refrigerate until frosting is firm.
26) Cut cake into 6 strips about 1 1/2 inches wide with a very sharp knife.
27) Latter cut each strip into 6 pieces and serve.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 6515Calories from Fat 3295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 376 g578.5%
Saturated Fat 170 g850%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1761 mg73.38%
Total Carbohydrates 657 g219%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 402 g
Protein 156 g312%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet