It's easy to poach an egg when you follow these simple steps. Everyone has their own technique, so here is mine for perfectly poached eggs, every time!
|Egg||1 Medium , fresh (pasteurized)|
|White wine vinegar||1/2 Teaspoon (a splash)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Crack open the egg in a small cup.
2. In a sauce pan, heat water and let it just come to a simmer prior to a boil.
3. When bubbles start to form add a dash of vinegar and stir it in creating a whirlpool effect in the water.
4. Pour in the egg in the centre of the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes.
5. With a slotted spoon take it out and drain on a paper towel.
6. Serve as a part of Eggs Benedict for breakfast or use it to top a salad.
Eggs can be poached ahead and stored in the refrigerator for future use. Drain them in an ice bath to stop the cooking immediately and wash off the vinegar before refrigerating it. Just simmer for 30 seconds before you are ready to serve them again.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 63Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 61 mg2.54%
Total Carbohydrates %
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet