|Tofu||12 1/3 Ounce , drained, pressed and cut into squares|
|Corn starch||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Paprika powder||To Taste|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
|Panko bread crumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rolled oat||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment.
2. In a bowl, take corn starch, season with freshly cracked pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika and salt, mix well. Gradually add water, little at time and mix after each addition, add enough water to make a thin batter. Add mustard, mix again and set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together panko crumbs, rolled oats and salt.
4. Dip the tofu pieces, one at a time, first into the batter and then into the bread mixture and place on the baking tray. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, flip when halfway through.
5. In a wok heat oil and fry the nuggets until golden brown.
6. Serve with barbecue sauce.