Thandai is a cold beverage homemade drink prepared from cucumber seeds, fennel seeds, pepper seeds, saffron, milk sugar. It is mainly served during the festival of Holi.
|Cucumber seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Fennel seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a pan, add cucumber seeds, fennel seeds, black pepper, khas khas. Roast all the ingredients well without oil.
2. Grind these ingredients in a mixer to make fine powder.
3. To make the sugar syrup, in a pan add water & sugar. Once the sugar melts and water comes to a boil, add the powder & almonds pistachios paste.
4. Mix all the ingredients well. Switch off the gas. The concentrate for thandai is ready. Let the concentrate cool completely,
5. In a serving glass, add 2-3 tbsp of the concentrate. Then add chilled milk. Thandai is ready to be served.