1 Gallon Of Beer - Your First HomeBrew This is a Home Brewed Beer recipe that will get you started making your first beer at home. It is a simple beer recipe, yet packed with flavour. It is a beer recipe that uses mostly what you already own, making it a pretty inexpensive way to start brewing. A one gallon all grain home brew recipe that will put a smile on your face!
|Water||6 1/2 Liter|
|Munich malt||3/4 Kilogram|
|Tettnang hops||13 1/2 Gram (Alpha acid 3.7%)|
|Saffale us||05 yeast|
|Priming sugar||To Taste|
1. In a large stainless steel pot bring your water to 156ºF.
2. Dissolve the Campden tablet.
3. Place the mesh bag into the pot, and slowly stir in the crushed Munich malt.
4. Cover the pot, and maintain 154ºF for 1 hour - wrap in blankets / towels if needed.
5. After 1 hour, remove the bag of grain and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
6. Bring the pot to a boil.
7. Once boiling, add the hops and boil uncovered for 1 hour.
8. Remove from the stove, and chill the pot to 60ºF as quickly as possible.
9. Carefully transfer the wort to a cleaned and sanitised 1 gallon jug, add the yeast, and seal with an airlock.
Leave at room temp for 2 weeks out of direct sunlight.
10. Clean and sanitise pressure rated beer bottles - swing top is best.
11. Add desired amount of priming sugar to each bottle, and then carefully fill each bottle with beer.
12. Leave bottles at room temp for two weeks before transferring to the fridge to chill.